Add Product Filters to Shopify: A Step-By-Step Guide
Published February 26, 2023.
One of the most important factors behind the success of any Shopify store is adding product filters. This way, your customers can refine their search results and find their intended products faster by applying different criteria, such as product type, size, color, or price. Product filters can therefore help to improve user experience and sales. Here is a step-by-step to add a product filter to your Shopify store.
What Is a Product Filter?
A product filter is a tool that allows your customers to narrow down a wide array of products and find the ones they're looking for quickly and efficiently.
This extremely beneficial navigation tool streamlines your customers' shopping experience because by simply clicking a few buttons to enable the right filters, they can easily find the right products at their fingertips. For example, if a customer wants to buy a red shirt within a certain price range, they can select the “red” and “price” filters, and the search results will be narrowed down to just red shirts that meet the specific price criteria.
Product filters can also improve the product catalog of your store and increase the visibility of certain products, resulting in a better shopping experience for your customer and higher sales for you.
How to Add the Filters to Your Shopify Store
There are two different processes to add product filters to a Shopify store: one is for desktop and the other is for mobile. There are also two types of filters you can add.
- Basic or default filters include options like primary price, vendor, and product type. These filters work with any store and you can add up to 5 to your store.
- Advanced or custom filters depend on the type of products you sell, so you'll use your product variants to determine which custom filters you need. You can add up to 20 of these filters to your store.
On Your Desktop
First, you need to check which filters are available to you based on your store theme. Once checked, you have to enable the “filters” mode from navigation. Now, you can start adding filters to your store.
- Go to your Shopify Admin and click on “Online Store”.
- Click on “Navigation” and find the section named “Collection and search filters”.
- Click on the “Add filters” button.
- You'll see a list of available filters. Select as many as you want.
- Click “Done” and save to update.
On Your Mobile
Adding product filters on Shopify through mobile is quite easy and very similar to the process on your desktop.
- Install the Shopify app and log in.
- Go to the sales channel section and click "Online store".
- Click on "Navigation" and find your way all the way down to "Collection and search filters".
- Click "Add filters" and you'll see a list of available filters.
- Select as many as you want and click "Done" to save and update.
Importance of Filtering Your Products
Product filtering is an important factor for e-commerce businesses because it not only helps to improve your customers’ search experience but also helps to enhance navigation, which ultimately increases your chances of making sales.
Filtering can also be beneficial for your product organization because the more product filters your store has, the more your customers are satisfied by its great look and feel.
» Make sure your filters are the best: Here's how to optimize e-commerce filters
Simon Says Automate Your Filters
Overall, product filters are an essential part of online stores that have a large number of products and want their customers to have an extraordinary search experience.
But we know that manually creating filters can take a lot of time and money, especially if a developer is involved. Instead, consider automatically generating filters for your Shopify store. Once generated, these filters are fully customizable so they can suit your store and brand. Just choose the filters you want to use to drive your store forward.