Common mistakes to avoid when implementing autocomplete on my ecommerce site?
Asked 2 months ago
What are some common mistakes to avoid when implementing autocomplete and search suggestions on my ecommerce site?
Friday, September 22, 2023
If your autocomplete doesn't work properly, it can affect your store's site search performance. Try to avoid these pitfalls:
- Generating irrelevant suggestions. Your autocomplete suggestions should be relevant to the user's query and the products on your site. Avoid showing suggestions that are too general, too specific, or completely unrelated.
- Not handling misspellings and typos. Users often make mistakes when typing their search queries. Make sure your autocomplete feature can handle misspellings and typos gracefully.
- Showing too many suggestions. A long list of suggestions can be overwhelming for users. Limit the number of suggestions to a manageable amount, such as 5-10.
- Not considering mobile devices. Make sure your autocomplete feature is optimized for mobile devices, with a large enough search bar and easy-to-tap suggestions.
- Not using personalization. If you have the data, you can use personalization to show users more relevant autocomplete suggestions. For example, if a user has previously searched for "women's running shoes," you can show them suggestions for specific brands and models of women's running shoes.
Please follow our Community Guidelines
More From Articles