What data is typically stored in the database for site search purposes?
Asked 2 months ago
What types of data is typically stored in the database for site search purposes? For context I run an online clothing store selling menswear.
Friday, September 22, 2023
In terms of site search, your database stores:
- Product data: This includes the product name, description, price, category, tags, and other relevant attributes.
- Content data: This includes the text of blog posts, articles, and other pages on your website.
- User data: This includes the customer's name, email address, shipping address, and purchase history.
In your case, selling menswear online, this can specifically be things like:
- Product name (e.g., "Men's Black Button-Down Shirt")
- Product description (e.g., "A classic black button-down shirt that is perfect for any occasion.")
- Product price (e.g., "$50.00")
- Product category (e.g., "Shirts")
- Product tags (e.g., "black", "button-down", "shirt", "menswear")
- Blog posts about men's fashion
- Articles about how to dress for different occasions
- Guides to choosing the right clothes for your body type
- Customer name
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Purchase history
Please follow our Community Guidelines